Tony Robbins is one of the world’s greatest teachers. He’s a motivational speaker, yes, but he’s far more than that. He’s a coach. He helps people find their own power. He guides people out of their self-imposed darkness and helps them reach their highest potential.
Obviously, I’m a fan. I’ve read his books, taken his courses and attended his seminars. In today’s episode I’m going to share with you what Tony Robbins taught me about weight loss.
In fairness, I wasn’t exposed to Tony’s teachings until well into my weight loss journey but I am certain I wouldn’t be who I am today without the things I’ve learned from his books, programs and seminars.
What Tony Robbins Taught Me About Weight Loss
- I need a positive, productive focus & an effective strategy
- Within my control
- Being overweight was giving me something. I was getting something out of it. Overeating and sabotaging my success was providing me something I kept seeking. I’d need to identify the need it was filling in my life and find a more constructive way to fill that need.
- I can’t find happiness within my comfort zone. It’s a lie. It’s a trap I was caught in.
- I was using food as an escape. Running never leads to resolution.
- All of my decisions were primed by my state. I can control my state at any time with things like:
- My breathing
- My outfit
- My posture
- My facial expressions
- My words
- I am in control of my emotions. Not taking control of my emotions will prevent me from ever taking control of my food choices & my body.
My Fave TR book – Awaken The Giant Within