I am crying as I write this. Tears of gratitude and disbelief and pure joy. (I blame it on my Masters Club clients – they’ve been sending me video messages all morning.)
Here’s the full link:
Today is both my 34th birthday & Primal Potential’s 3rd anniversary.
You may or may not know this about me, but I am not a risk taker. At all. I seek certainty and security. I’m not a “ride or die” girl. I want to know where we’re going and I’ll be gripping the door handle and suggesting we slow down the whole way. Given that, it was nothing short of divine inspiration and temporary insanity that accounts for me leaving my job on the idea of being “a blogger”.
I really can’t believe I made that choice. It was undoubtedly the right choice, but it was completely out of character for me.
And it hasn’t been me who has made it possible. It is every single one of you. It’s every one of you who have listened to my podcast. Every one of you who have emailed asking for support. And especially, every one of you who have trusted me and invited me into your lives via the Fat Loss Fast Track, Breaking Barriers, ASCEND, Carb Strategies and one-on-one coaching.
Thank you. Thank you.
My morning has been full of video messages from my Masters Club clients and I hope they all feel my sincerity when I tell them that THEY are the best gift I could hope for today.
My 33rd year was full of ups an downs with health challenges, personal challenges, big moves and major changes. Reflecting back, here are a few lessons I’m taking out of year 33 and into year 34:
- The New England Patriots are the best damn football team in the world. This past Super Bowl was the most memorable sports event of my whole life. Yup, I’m starting with football and I’m happy about it!
- Defy your comfort zone. Take a hard look at where you’ve been complacent or comfortable and shake shit up. Now. Today. Do it again tomorrow, too.
- If you have an idea, take action on it. Wishes are worthless.
- Live your truth – be completely authentic. When you are truly yourself, the world will filter the right people in & the wrong people out.
- Keep pushing. Life is too full of possibility to settle.
- Know what you want and go after it, unapologetically.
- Have more fun. Be more confident. Don’t consent to live small.
- Stop worrying about what people think of you. Do what is best for you.
- If someone isn’t proud to have you in their life just as you are, do not change yourself to conform to their preferences.
- Express gratitude.
On that note, this would be easier to omit than to add but it’s on my heart today so I want to share it because it’s real. Though my ex-husband will never read this post or hear this, he deserves a lot of the credit for Primal Potential. When I told him I wanted to leave my stable, reliable job and it’s healthy paycheck, he could have said no. He could have discouraged me. He didn’t. He knew that I’d be starting from scratch as a first time business owner with nothing more than a personal passion and he said, “go for it”. No matter what else happened, I will always be grateful for his role in Primal Potential going from a hope to a reality.
Enough of the serious stuff! As I walked into the gym this morning, I was immediately met with “Happy Birthday, Elizabeth!” I guess my DOB is in the database but what a sweet surprise that was! We even warmed up with “birthday burpees” in my honor. I’m sure everyone appreciated that. Haha.
The workout was damn brutal.
300 Single Unders
10 Rounds of Cindy
1 Round of Cindy: 5 Pull-ups, 10 Push-ups, 15 Air Squats
After the workout I came home and had steak & brussels sprouts and got in a few more hours of work before heading out to Blue Hills Reservation to hike for a couple hours.
What’s the best way to wrap up a birthday hike? Birthday ice cream, of course!! I read about a new-to-me ice cream place that was voted “Best of Boston” and figured my birthday was the right time to try it out! I’m writing this blog before I head that way so I’ll have to update you with what I got & if it was worth it!
I absolutely love charcuterie so I’m planning to make up a charcuterie board for dinner tonight with meat, cheese, nuts and maybe a little fruit. That’s my idea of a great meal!
I love you guys so much, I’m incredibly grateful for you & here’s to many more amazing years together!