Any stress eaters out there? I know I was! Today I want to share with you not just 5 reasons to stop stress eating but also practical strategies to help you get from your current stress response to a healthier, more productive stress response.
I used to put my goals & my health on hold in response to stress all the time. Unfortunately, while most stressors themselves aren’t permanent fixtures in our lives, stress is. Our ability to reach our goals and maintain our results depends largely on our ability to respond to stress in a productive way.
That’s what today is all about. Definitely tune into the episode to hear these 5 reasons to stop stress eating but also to learn practical strategies for doing the work.
5 Reasons To Stop Stress Eating (And How To Do It)
- In response to stress, you need to choose something that makes you feel better, not worse.
When we overeat in response to stress, we often end up feeling worse and less in control than we felt prior to overeating.
- You don’t want to compound a negative hormonal effect
- You have a unique opportunity to create positive emotion (or even joy!)
- You need to choose a response that restores or generates energy instead of one that depletes energy
- How you always respond is how you’ll always respond.