So many people struggle with hunger. They feel like they can’t be successful in weight loss because they are constantly battling hunger. Some hunger is real. Some hunger is not. Today we’re talking about how to know which you’re experiencing and how to overcome it effortlessly.
The Problem: Your body can (and will) send false hunger signals. Hunger is hormonal biofeedback and is triggered when your body perceives that fuel is needed. That doesn’t mean it is. It just means that you have done (or not done) something that makes you body THINK it needs fuel. We need to understand the difference between false hunger, true hunger and how we can resolve both.
The Solution: Avoid the triggers of false hunger. These include eating processed foods and simple sugars in the morning (especially without fat and/or protein), drinking sugary drinks, caloric restriction and more. This will avoid false hunger but also help to manage true hunger.
- Avoid severe caloric restriction
- Eat your veggies (especially ones rich in fiber + water)
- Emphasize protein & fat at meals and snacks
- Avoid fructose (mostly from processed foods)
- Stay hydrated
- Limit stress and/or improve your stress response
- Exercise intelligently
- Eat fatty fish
- Understand that hunger is not an emergency nor does it rob you of your ability to choose
Support the Show