I know just about everyone & their mother is talking about how to set goals. Except me.
I actually think we’ve made goals way too important.
The magic isn’t in the goal. The magic is in the work you do each day.
We all need to focus more on the work we can do TODAY to help us get what we want instead of perfecting the art of goal setting.
I’m not suggesting that goals aren’t helpful – they might be for some people.
No matter what though, the magic is in the work. In the process. In what you do, not in what you want to achieve.
Today I want to help you get what you want in any month, week, day or year, and I want to put the focus where the focus needs to be – knowing what you want and staying focused on the work that will help you get it!
How to Get What You Want in 2017
- Define ONE THING that will make the most difference (it doesn’t have to be a big thing, but it does need to be tied to a primary thing that is holding you back)
- Identify “the work” you can do on a daily basis that will help you get the one thing you want. These are the steps, choices, actions & inactions that exist as opportunities TODAY.
- Be honest with yourself by acknowledging what thoughts, circumstances or actions could get in the way
- Evaluate your progress every few days by asking, “Am I doing the work? Is it helping? What could I do differently today?”
- Have a positive attitude about it!
“His goal attracts him because he doesn’t let anything enter his soul that might oppose the goal” ~ Siddhartha
Siddhartha by Herman Hesse
To join the winter 2017 Fat Loss Fast Track, click here.
For more on Breaking Barriers, click here.