In this episode we’re talking about calories. Is there a magic number you should shoot for? How many calories should you be eating for fat loss? Are all calories created equal? How Can you know if you’ve created enough of a calorie deficit to see results?
Question: “How many calories should I eat for fat loss” and “How do I know if I’ve created a calorie deficit”
Answer: There is no magic calorie number. All calories are NOT created equal. Calories are merely a unit of measurement and the quality of food makes a big difference. Food is information for our bodies and the information matters more than the total amount of calories. 2,000 calories of processed foods created a very different fat loss situation than 2,000 calories of whole foods.
- Start tracking & paying attention to the signals your body is sending you.
- Track what you eat, how much & when
- Track your quantity & quality of sleep
- Track your body’s biofeedback (mood swings, energy, hunger & cravings)
- Track your progress towards your goal (avoid using the scale as your primary indicator of progress)
- Track your activity level
- Work towards incorporating more whole foods that you enjoy eating and fewer processed foods. Track how these changes make you feel!
- Implement smart strategies like balanced meal composition, carb timing and efficient fat loss exercise
Have a second to leave a rating & review of the show in iTunes or Stitcher? I’d love you forever and it would mean the world to me! Stay in touch!!