I get a lot of questions about fat loss, family & friends. I guess, more specifically, I hear from a lot of people that their family & friends make their fat loss more difficult.
Today, I want to tackle those challenges (and I do believe they can be simply tackled without trading in your friends or abandoning your family).
A lot of this comes down to personal responsibility & understanding that you are the only one controlling what does (or doesn’t) go into your mouth.
But, I totally know it’s not as easy as simply ignoring other people’s comments, questions or challenges. So today we’re tackling fat loss, family & friends from both tactical & mindset standpoints.
Fat Loss, Family & Friends
In today’s episode I cover some of the most common challenges I hear about between fat loss, family and friends including:
- How to tell your friends that you’re trying to make healthier choices without coming across as judgemental
- How to handle fear of missing out in social situations if you choose not to drink or indulge
- How to indulge in social situations without going overboard
- How to handle an unsupportive spouse or partner
- The ways by which you might be setting your partner up to be negative about the changes you’re making
- How to handle a partner or kids who don’t want to eat the healthier food you’re preparing
- How to handle situations when your children or partner bring tempting foods into the house
Quotes in today’s episode
If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn’t sit for a month. ~ Theodore Roosevelt
094: Fear of Missing Out