We all understand that stress can work against us. We know that making good food choices can be harder when we’re under stress. But we might not think about these 3 things that stop weight loss and are lesser-talked about causes of stress. See, we think of stress as mental and emotional. But there are 3 very specific things that might be stopping your weight loss by causing stress you don’t even feel! We’ll talk in detail about these three things and then go into 6 strategies you can implement TODAY to get back on track and start seeing the results you want.
3 Things That Stop Weight Loss (by increasing stress)
- Chronic dieting and/or over-restriction
- Excess exercise
- Sleep deprivation (even short term)
6 Strategies for Getting Results
- Stop over-restricting. Find foods you love that love you back.
- Prioritize sleep
- Watch your workouts
- Be intentional about relaxation
- Simplify your life
- Implement smart carb strategies to reduce hunger & cravings, increase energy and burn fat without stressing your body. If you’re curious about these carb strategies, please join me for a free webinar where I’ll go through them in detail!
Hack your sleep for faster fat loss
Study: sleep deprivation & insulin resistance
Study: low calorie diets & increased cortisol
Study: sleep debt, hormones and metabolism