One of the topics we’re focusing on in this Saturday’s Q&A is NUMBERS – the thing you see on the scale, on your bank account, or on anything else that contributes to your life and mindset. How do you face these figures? What does ‘avoidance isn’t refuge’ mean when it comes to these numbers? Join us as we tackle the topic in this episode!
Here’s the complete list of questions we’re answering today:
- I would love your opinion on tracking body composition and weight. I’m working with a counselor who wants me to avoid numbers altogether, as she thinks I try to over-control these variables. However, I believe that avoiding these numbers is hiding from them. You once said “avoidance isn’t refuge” in the 12WT and it’s always stuck with me. I think it’s important to train myself to be able to face the numbers and have an objective, non-dramatic response to them regardless of what they are. I also think it’s important to have an objective measure of progress so I can re-evaluate whether or not what I’m doing is working. On the other hand, I also feel a reasonable amount of stress at the thought of letting go of numerical measures of progress altogether, so maybe she’s onto something. What are your thoughts?
- What are some physically actionable activities to ride out cravings?
- How do I stop self-sabotage and procrastination from keeping me from identifying what I truly want in my life?
- I’d love to hear tips for facing the plateau- after sustained effort, there is a point where the scale seems stuck- (or broken!) How do you maintain focus to have the positive belief that it will happen with sustained effort?
- What’s your thoughts on nut consumption? I absolutely love them, so if you are pro-nut, when would Be the best time to eat them and with what?
Today’s giveaway winner gets a bottle of mood+! We announce the winner at the end of the episode!
We have a giveaway every Saturday! Here’s how you can join and win:
- Leave a review of the podcast on our Apple Podcasts page,
- Leave a review of Chasing Cupcakes on Amazon
- Tag us on Facebook and Instagram and let us know about your favorite episode of the program!
Here’s the Primal Potential Facebook page we talked about in the episode.
Do you have any questions that you would like us to answer in the next listener Q&A? You can submit it here!