I’ve been getting a lot of emails about digestive issues ranging from bloating & gas to chronic constipation and intense pain. There are a lot of factors that go into healthy digestion and I hope to tackle most of them on the show. Today, however, we’re tackling some common digestive problems that contribute to bloating, gas, indigestion, constipation and diarrhea. We’ll overview the digestive process and identify at what stages things frequently go wrong and what we can do about it.
We WILL be tackling more specific digestive topics in the coming months. Specifically, we’ll talk about bacterial overgrowth and SIBO. We’ll dive into acid reflux, IBS, digestive enzymes and more. I don’t want you to miss any of it! So I have two requests for you!
- If there are topics you want to hear, please let me know!
- Get thyself onto the free VIP email list!!! I know, I know – we all get tons of emails! I hear you. So what’s one more if it can help you reach your goals (and I totally think it can!). I regularly send out workouts, recipes, tips and motivation so I think this one is super worth it. Just pop in your name and email address over here and you’ll have immediate access to my inbox via the VIP email list!
Common Digestive Problems
In today’s episode we take a look at these common digestive problems and what you can do about them.
- Not chewing enough
- Insufficient acid production
- Slow transit time
- Damage to the protective barrier that is the GI tract
- Bacterial imbalance
- Excess consumption of toxins
We also talk about foods that cause digestive issues:
- Veggies high in insoluble fiber
- Peas and pea pods
- Green beans
- Bell peppers
- Onions, shallots, leeks, scallions, garlic
- Brussels sprouts
Practical Implementation – What can you do?
- Focus on veggies lower in insoluble fiber
- Peel your veggies and remove the stem
- Chop them more finely
- Cook them for longer
- Reduce sugar
- Limit dairy
- Chew WAY more. Way more.
- Track! Identify what you’re sensitive to!