In today’s episode we’re talking about all things CrossFit and weight loss with my own personal trainer and owner of CrossFit Altius, Nathan Keil. Nathan and I chat about how he programs workouts for fat loss and the keys to efficient, safe and effective workouts. We’ll get into the specifics of workout timing, movements and myths and he’ll even share 25 minutes reviewing what he ate yesterday (kidding, kidding….kinda). Nathan is a true expert in his field and is currently training for the 2016 CrossFit Games. Though he has super human strength and far above average fitness, he’s a great teacher, motivator and coach. He shares his insight on who might benefit from a personal trainer and how do you even know if your trainer is any good.
What is CrossFit?
- a fitness ideology that emphasizes a variety of functional movements
- high intensity (intensity is relative to the individual!)
- designed to mimic your day-to-day movements (i.e. sitting down, carrying groceries, etc) by focusing on exercises such as squats, deadlifts & push press
Nathan’s recommendations for weight loss
- rowing (intervals)
- kettlebell swings
- body weight squats
- Find what’s most effective & do it with the highest intensity that YOU are capable of
- Don’t be afraid to jump in & start exactly where you are right now
- Be consistent
Carb Strategies for Sustainable Fat Loss