I had so much fun interviewing Tim Bauer a few weeks ago we decided to do an encore episode! Tim and I both happen to be big fans of stoic philosophy or the notion that there is opportunity in all adversity and in this episode we take a deep dive into how we have both used stoicism to help us reach our fat loss & health goals.
How Tim defines stoicism: Becoming anti-fragile. Anti-fragile is not the same as resilient. Tim explains how working towards being anti-fragile means letting adversity actually make you stronger.
How Elizabeth defines stoicism: The practice of turning adversity into opportunity for growth and strength.
Things we talk about in this episode:
- Dealing with plateaus and weight gain and using those situations to actually accelerate and solidify our progress
- How to use post-mortems and SWOT analyses to help you reach your goals
- We aren’t unique in your struggles with temptation
- How we each use stoicism in our daily lives
- Loose skin and skin removal surgery
- How to know if it is your perspective that is causing your challenges
- How Tim eats healthy on the road
- Baptism by extra virgin olive oil???
- Tim’s first interview on Primal Potential
- A book we both love: The Obstacle Is the Way
- Another great read: Letters from a Stoic
- More of Tim’s thoughts on Stoicism
Support the Show
Hey, have you signed up for the VIP e-newsletter yet? It’s totally free and is the best way to keep up with my fave recipes, fat loss tips, motivation & workouts! Hang out with me there!!