Let’s talk about 5 common mistakes with carbs and cravings. I think we’d all agree that motivation & willpower can only go so far. If we’re battling cravings, fat loss is a lot harder than it needs to be.
I have ZERO doubt that cravings can be eliminated. And if you’re striving for fat loss & health, they should be.
In today’s episode we’re going to talk very specifically about 5 common mistakes & misunderstandings I see related to carbohydrates and cravings.
I want you to understand that carbohydrates are not bad. They aren’t. In fact, if you look at my average meal plate (or that of most of my clients) you’ll find that the majority of my plate is carbohydrates. What?!?! Yes! Non-starchy vegetables! Vegetables are carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are not the enemy.
They do not need to be eliminated for fat loss. It’s not the carbohydrate that is the problem. It’s lack of control of blood sugar & insulin that is the problem. When we don’t control blood sugar, we set ourselves up for fat storage, low energy, cravings and hunger.[divider style=”0″]
Common Mistakes with Carbs and Cravings
If we understand the principles of controlling blood sugar & insulin that I teach in my carbohydrate strategies e-course, we can and will absolutely:
- Accelerate fat loss
- Eliminate cravings
- Reduce hunger
- Increase energy
- Improve health
Here are 5 mistakes people make related to carbs & cravings:
- Emphasizing nutrient-void low carb & sugar free products
- Overeating protein and/or fat
- Not eating enough
- Indulging cravings before bed (usually in the absence of hunger)
- Not taking steps to eliminate cravings
In this episode we’ll dive deep into:
- How protein can increase your blood sugar & generate an insulin response
- How to eliminate cravings
- The best and worst carbs for fat loss
- How soon before bed you should stop eating when your goal is fat loss