It’s been a while since I’ve done a “get to know you” podcast or blog so today I thought I’d share a few random things about myself in addition to my daily workout & food choices. I’d love to get to know you, too! How about you comment on this post with 1 random fact about yourself?
If you’d rather listen to this blog than read it, please click here to listen on Anchor.
- I love to sing. I grew up singing at church, in plays & at weddings/funerals. I even went to Africa to sing a year or two after college. My mom thinks that is “my calling”.
- I’m obsessed with flossing my teeth. I think it feels so good! I carry floss in my purse & car at all times.
- I hate driving. I’m not a very good passenger, either.
- I have a thing for feathers & anchors. I think they’re both themes in my life. Strong with purpose, light at heart!
- I’m a minimalist. I hate junk & clutter. I’m in the process of building a tiny home because I’m all about having less to create more. My biggest priorities in my tiny home are the bathroom & bookshelves but I’m pretty excited about the copper farmhouse sink, too!
- My favorite fruit is apple. My favorite vegetable is brussel sprouts. My favorite liquor is tequila.
- If I feel comfortable with you, I’m naturally VERY silly and affectionate.
- My favorite books are Atlas Shrugged & The Fountainhead
- The kitchen gadget I can’t live without is my Oxo Salad Chopper
- My most used emoji is the lion.
Today’s workout was much harder mentally than physically. First, I wasn’t in the mood to workout today. But, I don’t workout when I’m in the mood to. I workout to create the mood I want & care for my body. I do it independent of how I feel.
I was up late last night working. I was up early this morning working. Today’s workout was mostly running. I just wasn’t feeling it.
As I ran, I was feeling pretty negative. The negative thoughts were on overdrive this morning: I’m tired. This sucks. I hate running.
I know those thoughts only make it harder so I was determined to follow each negative thought with a positive one: I’m healthy. I’m capable. I’m here. I’m doing it. I’m disciplined.
I don’t believe that we have to “turn off” negative thoughts – I don’t even think that’s always possible. But we can always redirect them. That’s what I was practicing today.
This workout was more about the mental work than the physical work.
I powered through, I felt proud & I got it done.
1 Mile Run
21 Kettlebell Swings
21 Goblet Squats
800 Meter Run
15 Goblet Squats
400 Meter Run
9 Kettlebell Swings
9 Goblet Squats
It’s a good day.
On the food front:
Before my workout I had the new ready to drink Bulletproof Coffee cold brew. I just wanted a little something before what I knew would be a tough workout.
A couple hours after the workout I had my cabbage salad bowl with half my normal amount of cabbage, a handful of walnuts, Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime Mayo, bacon & eggs.
Around 4pm I had an early, large dinner of steak & eggs. It was so delish!
I’m excited for my latest order to come in from Thrive Market – I tried a bunch of new-to-me things including some super low carb noodles, so I’ll be sure to share all the details with you guys. I want to try some plays on spaghetti & meatballs with something lower carb than spaghetti squash.