Every single day I have a green protein smoothie, usually for breakfast. Almost every day I share a picture of it on my Instagram stories and, almost every day at least a dozen people ask me for the recipe.
Until now, I’ve always said, “I don’t have a recipe – I just wing it.” I’m not a recipe girl, to be honest. Whether it’s my green protein smoothie or any other meal, I just throw things together and hope it turns out okay. But, after being asked for my protein smoothie recipes several hundred times, I figure it was time to slow down, measure out what I’m doing and share it with you!
There are many variations of my daily protein smoothie, but let’s start with my current fave. It’s not only delicious, but it keeps me full for hours, is packed full of tons of nutrients and is a reproductive health powerhouse!
Green Protein Smoothie Recipe
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (you can use flax milk, cashew milk or anything of your choice)
- 1 handful raw spinach
- 3/4 cup frozen cauliflower rice
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 2 scoops vanilla GBX protein*
- 1 scoop mentabiotics
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tbsp maca powder
Add all ingredients into blender (I personally use a vitamix) and blend until completely smooth.
*You can use any protein you’d like. I choose GBX for a few reasons including:
- I’ve tried at least 100 different protein powders and this one tastes the best (by far)
- It’s the only protein powder on the market formulated to support your microbiome with prebiotics and phytobiotics
- It’s non GMO and gluten free
- It’s sugar-free
- It’s soy and dairy free
- No artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners
I promise to update this with some of my other fave protein smoothie recipes, including my favorite chocolate ones so check back soon!
(This post includes some affiliate links to products I love that I think you might love, too!)