In today’s episode we’re talking how to increase energy with specific food choices. There are specific strategies (beyond caffeine and sleep) that will make a significant difference in your energy levels, focus and performance. We’ll talk about the dos and don’ts of increasing your energy and talk about food choices that can help boost your energy.
Food is the raw material your body uses for every single function and operation. We need to think more strategically about low energy signals from our bodies and what the body really needs. Stimulants like caffeine and sugar should never be the first line of defense.
How to Increase Energy (the how and why is detailed in the episode)
- Skip the carbs in the morning
- Make sure you’re getting enough protein
- Eat high quality fats
- Drink more water and/or eat foods with high water content
- Monitor your caffeine consumption
- Never eat sugar on its own
- Deep breaths (no seriously, this can significantly impact your energy)
- Choose foods rich in B-vitamins (a discussion of supplementation in the episode)
- Get plenty of omega-3 fatty acids