I’m obsessed with this spicy coleslaw! I have it as a side dish with burgers or steak and it’s amazing as the base for fish tacos (I usually choose to go without tortillas).
For the slaw:
- 1 head of green cabbage, finely chopped or sliced with a mandolin
- 1 head of red cabbage, finely chopped or sliced with a mandolin
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (omit if you want it less spicy)
- 3 large scallions (green onions) finely chopped
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime Mayo*
- 1/2 cup Primal Kitchen Turmeric Lemon salad dressing*
- 1.5 tbsp hot sauce of your choice (omit if you want it less spicy)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of one lime
In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, green onion and jalapeno. In a separate bowl, mix the dressing ingredients and pour over salad. Mix well. For best results, let the coleslaw sit for a few hours before serving to allow flavors to develop. You can add salt to taste, but since the mayo and dressing have seasoning, I didn’t feel that any salt was needed.
The first night I made this I added steak. The second night, I added white fish, like deconstructed tacos. This is absolutely going to be a new summer staple for me! I’m excited for leftovers!
In October 2019, our relationship with Thrive Market changed. They decided to put their marketing dollars in avenues outside of podcasting but we still think they’re a good choice if you’re looking to save money on health & personal care products.
If you’re a cabbage lover, you might also love my favorite cabbage salad bowl I often enjoy for breakfast!