I’m obsessed with this spicy coleslaw! I have it as a side dish with burgers or steak and it’s amazing as the base for fish tacos (I usually choose to go without tortillas).
For the slaw:
- 1 head of green cabbage, finely chopped or sliced with a mandolin
- 1 head of red cabbage, finely chopped or sliced with a mandolin
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (omit if you want it less spicy)
- 3 large scallions (green onions) finely chopped
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime Mayo*
- 1/2 cup Primal Kitchen Turmeric Lemon salad dressing*
- 1.5 tbsp hot sauce of your choice (omit if you want it less spicy)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of one lime
In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, green onion and jalapeno. In a separate bowl, mix the dressing ingredients and pour over salad. Mix well. For best results, let the coleslaw sit for a few hours before serving to allow flavors to develop. You can add salt to taste, but since the mayo and dressing have seasoning, I didn’t feel that any salt was needed.
The first night I made this I added steak. The second night, I added white fish, like deconstructed tacos. This is absolutely going to be a new summer staple for me! I’m excited for leftovers!
*I get the Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime Mayo and the dressing from Thrive Market because I find that it’s less expensive and I don’t need to worry about trying to find it at the grocery store. If you’re new to Thrive Market, register via thrivemarket.com/primal to save big on your first order – you’ll get 25% off AND a free 30-day trial membership!
If you’re a cabbage lover, you might also love my favorite cabbage salad bowl I often enjoy for breakfast!