The treasure trove of fat loss information! If you want to get clear on the basics of fat loss including how fat loss is initiated within the body, how it’s halted and the specific role of hormones and calories, make sure you listen to this series!
Episode 121 Fat Loss Basics Part 1 – Calories & Hormones
In this first episode of the Fat Loss Basics series, we go into detail on a few fat loss truths. Definitely listen to the entire episode to understand them in their entirety and be sure to listen to the whole series as it becomes available!
- A calorie deficit is required for fat loss
- A calorie deficit does not ensure fat loss
- Fat burning is turned on & off by your hormones
- The two primary hormones in control of fat loss are glucagon & insulin
- We can control both insulin & glucagon with our food choices
Episode 122 Fat Loss Basics Part 2 – Carbohydrates
In today’s episode we’re taking a deep dive into carbohydrates including:
- What are they?
- How do different types of carbs impact fat loss?
- How do carbs impact metabolism?
- What are the best carb strategies for fat loss?
Episode 123 Fat Loss Basics Part 3 – Protein For Fat Loss
In today’s episode we’re taking a deep dive into protein for fat loss including:
- How does protein support fat loss?
- How does protein make me feel fuller for longer?
- How does protein impact my hormones?
- How can protein improve my metabolic rate & body composition?
- What are the biggest mistakes people make with protein?
- Are beans protein?
- How do you know if you’re eating too much protein?
- What foods are proteins?
Episode 124 Fat Loss Basics Part 4 – Dietary Protein
In today’s episode we’re taking a look at how & why dietary fat supports fat loss:
- Does fat make you fat?
- Why should you eat more fat?
- What happens when you go on a low fat diet?
- How does fat intake trigger your body to burn more fat?
- What are some fats to focus on?
- How much fat is too much fat?
Episode 125 Fat Loss Basics Part 5 – Exercise & Movement
In today’s episode we’re diving into exercise & fitness for fat loss:
- Should you be working out?
- Can you burn fat without working out?
- What types of workouts make you eat more?
- What are the best types of workouts for fat loss?
- How much & how often should I workout?
- Should I lift weights?
- How does leisure walking support fat loss?
Episode 126 Fat Loss Basics Part 6 – Your Questions