I am so grateful for all your questions. Sincerely: the fact that you’re curious and desire to create improvements in your life, it’s so powerful and I absolutely LOVE it!
At the same time, there are very, very many questions that I can’t answer for you. These are the questions that only YOU can answer for you. Specifically, there are some questions (many questions) that your body will answer for you. Fortunately, I can help you find your own answers.
If you’d rather listen to this blog than read it, please click the play button below. Otherwise, keep reading.
Your results, your energy and your common sense will give you the answer you’re looking for.
Let me give a specific example of one such question I can’t answer for anyone other than myself.
Can I have bulletproof coffee with eggs and bacon? Or is that to much? I just started keto and dont want to over do it.
I don’t know. But here’s what I do know:
If you are overdoing it, your body will let you know. For example, if your goal is fat loss, you won’t see fat loss.
We can’t just look at one meal in isolation and determine, with any degree of accuracy, if it’s too much.
In this case, it depends entirely on the individual. Here are factors that are also relevant and need to be considered:
- What were you eating before? If you’re switching to bulletproof coffee with eggs and bacon from pancakes with eggs, bacon and a coke, that could be a huge improvement for you. If you weren’t eating breakfast at all or were eating an egg white omelet, that’s a very different set of circumstances.
- How does that meal influence how you feel for the rest of the day? If you have that big breakfast and it leads to very little hunger and no cravings until your dinner or fish and veggies, that might be a great approach at the moment. However, if you eat that and you’re super hungry for a snack a few hours later, that’s not a great choice for you.
- What do you eat during the rest of the day? If that’s your biggest meal of the day, that’s quite a different set of circumstances than if you’re snacking and having a big lunch and dinner.
- How active are you? The appropriateness of that breakfast will be different for someone who is a competitive CrossFit athlete than for someone who isn’t consistently or intensely working out.
- What is your present body composition? Fuel needs vary dramatically based on body size. For some people this could be too much. For others, it could be just right or even not enough.
- Are you getting results? When you have this breakfast, how is your body responding?
Resist the urge to look outside yourself for all your answers.
Your body will give you incredibly accurate information as soon as you begin paying attention to:
- How you feel – mood, energy, etc
- Body composition